Depart from Dar es salaam city center by 4 x 4 safari vehicle to the Selous Game Reserve. Enjoy a late lunch at the Rufiji River Camp. Embark on an afternoon game drive in the reserve, and then return to Rufiji River Camp for dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 1: Depart from Dar es salaam city center by 4 x 4 safari vehicle to the Selous Game Reserve. Enjoy a late lunch at the Rufiji River Camp. Embark on an afternoon game drive in the reserve, and then return to Rufiji River Camp for dinner and overnight stay.
- Day 2: Enjoy a full day game viewing in the reserve. Participate in some classic – style game drives – exploring the bush in open 4x 4 vehicles. Waterbuck, southern reed buck and bushback are common in the Selous. Rare sable antelopes, lion, and greater kudu are also frequent in this area. Meals and overnight stay at the Rufiji River Camp.
- Day 3: After breakfast, accompany an armed ranger on a walking safari in the reserve. The sights and sounds (and smells) of a walking safari are a special treat that will live long in your memory. The thrill of creeping up to animals to “shoot” them with your camera is a great experience. In the afternoon, enjoy a boat safari where you will explore the different channels and lakes of the Rufiji River System, surrounded by hippos and crocodiles. A large variety of herons, storks, ducks, stilts, and other water birds may be seen. And you also get to see land mammals such as giraffes and elephants. Meals and overnight stay at Rufiji River Camp.
- Day 4: Another full day game viewing in the Selous Game Reserve. Meals and overnight stay at the Rufiji River Camp.
- Day 5: Collect picnic lunches and drive to Mikumi National Park and proceed driving to Vuma Hill Tented Camp. The camp is perched above the trees stretching over the seemingly endless wilderness south west of Mikumi National Park. Dinner and overnight stay at Vuma Hill Tented Camp.
- Day 6: After breakfast drive to Ruaha National Park, which is famous for its rare sable antelope, roan antelope and big herds of elephants. The park represents a transition zone where eastern and southern African flora and fauna overlap. Although Ruaha is one of the largest parks in Africa, it is comparatively unknown and , due to its remoteness, remains unspoiled. Lunch at the lodge followed by an afternoon game drive. Ruaha River Lodge is the only lodge in the reserve and is built on a rocky ridge with spectacular views of the Great Ruaha River. Dinner and overnight stay at Ruaha Sunset mountain Lodge.
- Day 7: Enjoy a full day game drive in the park. Nearly 500 bird species have been sighted within the park. The river area features large numbers of hippo and crocodiles and attracts lion, leopard, hunting dogs, waterbuck, impala, giraffe, warthog and eland. Grants gazelle, ostrich and cheetah may be seen on the plains. Meals and overnight stay at Ruaha sunset Mountain Lodge.
- Day 8: After an early breakfast drive to Mikumi National Park. Lunch at Vuma Hill Tented Camp, followed by an evening game drive in Mikumi National Park. The Park is well known for its population of elephants, giraffes, buffaloes, zebras, elands, greater kudu, wildebeest, roan and sable antelope. Predators include tree climbing lions, leopards, wild hunting dogs and black – backed jackals. You may also see crocodiles,monitor lizards, yellow baboons and hippos. Dinner and overnight stay at Vuma Hill Tented Lodge .
- Day 9: After breakfast, enjoy another game drive in Mikumi National Park. Return to the camp for lunch and then depart for your return to Dar es salaam. Drop off in the city center.