- Day 1: Arrival in Kigali at Kanombe Airport: Upon arrival at the airport, your guide will meet you and transfer you to your hotel for the overnight. Overnight at Flame tree lodge. B/B
- Day 2: Kigali /Southern part of Bwindi: After breakfast, your guide will pick you from your hotel and take you for a city tour and afterwards drive you to the Rwanda/Uganda boarder…. Approx. 3 hours.After all the immigration clearance, you will then drive to Lake Mulehe Gorilla lodge towards the Virunga Mountain Range. The Lodge is in the southern sector of Bwindi Impenetrable Forest, approximately 1793m above sea level, and where the habituated Rushaga, and Nkuringo gorilla groups are to be found as well as Mount Mgahinga National Park. With breathtaking views over Lake Mulehe there are many other activities on offer such as hiking in the Virungas, boat trips on Lake Mulehe or Lake Mutanda, village walks, forest walks and golden monkey trekking at Mgahinga NP.Bwindi Impenetrable National Park is best known for its mountain gorillas as well as spectacular birds. There are 23 of the 24 Albertine Rift endemics including the African green broad bill, bar tailed trogon and other beautiful forest species. Accommodation: Lake Mulehe Gorilla lodge. F/B
- Day 3: Gorilla Trekking in the southern part of Bwindi: You will depart from the lodge at 6:30 am and head to the park office. Report at the departure point for a full briefing and to meet your gorilla trek guide. The guides will have been identifying the position of each gorilla group and know which is the closest departure point to trek from. The hiking is through thick, verdant rain forest. With your guide and porter using a machete to clear a path and assist you up and down steep terrain, spend time with the gorillas in their natural habitat is an amazing and unforgettable experience. The final trek times can vary enormously according to where the gorillas have moved to but most guests spend an hour with these amazing wild animals.
If time permits, there are additional activities, unique to Bwindi, which you can participate in during the afternoon. Accommodation: Lake Mulehe Gorilla lodge. F/B
- Day 4: Bwindi – Kigali: After breakfast, drive back to Kigali and then afterwards transfer to the airport to catch your flight back home.PRICE FROM $963 PER PERSON SHARING + $600 for the gorilla permit.
- All meals and accommodation as per the itinerary
- All ground transportation in a comfortable 4×4 vehicle
- Park entrance fees
- Services of a full time English speaking driver/guide
- Water while on safari
- All airport pick-ups and drops
- All activities as stipulated in the itinerary
- All government taxes/levies
- Gorilla permit, optional activities or forest walks
- Phone calls and bar bills
- Personal insurance
- Air fare
- All other services of a personal nature
- Driver guide’s gratuity
Important: Gorilla trekking is dependent on the permit availability at the time of your booking. Gorilla permits in all parks are in very high demand and we advise that you book them as early as possible.