Gorilla tracking ranks among one of the absolute highlights of a trip to Africa for most travellers, and the spine-tingling feeling that you get being so near to one of our closest relatives is hard to describe.Mountain Gorillas are one of the world’s most endangered apes. It is estimated that there are only about 880 left throughout the world. Almost half of them can be found in Uganda, and populations can also be found in neighbouring Rwanda and Democratic Republic of Congo.
- Day 1: Kampala – Bwindi: After an early morning breakfast, begin panoramic trip south-word to Bwindi Gorilla Park through the Kigezi Highlands in the beauties of the “Switzerland of Africa”. You will stop for pictures at the Equator and perform a simple experiment here, Lunch shall be served in Mbarara, at Agip Motel proceeding later to Bwindi through the valleys of Kigezi. Dinner and overnight at Gorilla safari lodge.(FB)
- Day 2: Bwindi impenetrable gorilla forest national park: After an early morning breakfast, you will be transferred to the gorilla tracking information office where you will receive a pre-briefing by your ranger guide who will then lead you into the jangle at 8.30am tracking this great relatives of ours. Lunch shall be served at your accommodation(if not parked), afternoon, transfer to Ruhija to take a guided community/nature walk on the Munyaga River trail, which is an ideal short walk. This trail leads to three delightful crystal clear waterfalls, and there is a profusion of tree ferns, epiphytic ferns, orchids and Bwindi’s colorful array of butterflies. Here you may also see birds and primates from the forest edge. Dinner and overnight at Ruhiija gorilla lodge( FB)
- Day 3: Bwindi – Queen Elizabeth national park: After your breakfast, you will transfer to Queen Elizabeth via the Ishasha sector of the tree climbing lions and if you are lucky, you may come across this great Cats, with your Box lunch, proceeding to arrive at Mweya safari lodge, relax into the evening, dinner and overnight.
- Day 4: Queen Elizabeth national park: After an early warm up tea or coffee, you will transfer for a game drive that will see you return for a full breakfast, relax into the lunch hour and after lunch, Take a three hours boat cruise along the Kazinga channel, this trip passes through possibly the highest concentration of hippos and many animals can be seen drinking at the water’s edge. This gives you a great opportunity for photography, bird watching and game viewing. The prolific bird life is colorful and stupendous with well over 550 resident species. Dinner and overnight at Mweya Safari Lodge FB.
- Day 5: Queen Elizabeth – Kampala/Entebbe: After an early breakfast, you will take an enroute game drive heading back to Kampala/Entebbe that allows you a lunch break in Masaka town, proceeding later to arrive in Kampala/Entebbe.