Kenya and Uganda combined safari to Masai Mara for annual wildebeest migration and Uganda chimpanzee and Gorilla trekking safari holiday.10 days best of Kenya and Uganda tour.
- Day 1: Maasai Mara National Reserve Pick up from your city hotel at 07:30am to start your safari through The Great African Rift Valley . Arrive in time for lunch at Mara Kichakani Tented Camp . An afternoon game drive will follow to explore Hemingways country and Lion, Cheetah, Elephant, Buffalo and other animals of in the Masai Mara Game Reserve famed for the big 5. Dinner and overnight stay at Mara Kichakani Tented Camp
- Day 2/3: Maasai Mara National Reserve Full days spent Exploring the park in search of the big 5 with a possibility of seeing the annual wildebeest migration that takes place from July to October. Optional hot air balloon safari can be arranged at an extra cost of US$ 450.Dinner and overnight stay at Mara Kichakani Tented. The Mara offers wildlife in such variety and abundance that it is difficult to believe: over 450 species of animals have been recorded here. You will easily see lions, rhinos, hippos, crocodiles, giraffe, wildebeests, zebras, buffalo, warthogs, hyenas, jackals, wild dogs, buffalo, leopard, many kinds of antelopes and elephant. It is in the Mara that perhaps the most spectacular event of the natural world takes place. This is the annual migration of millions of wildebeest and zebra from the Serengeti (Tanzania) in search of water and pasture. Following on their heels are the predators of the savanna- lion, cheetah, wild dog, jackal, hyena and vultures
- Day 4: Masai Mara-Nairobi – KampalaBreakfast and return to Nairobi arriving at around 1300 hours Lunch at the Carnivore restaurant then transfer to the airport to board a flight to Entebbe – on arriving the airport, our representative will meet you and drive you to Speke Hotel ( Kampala) for dinner and overnight stay .
- Day 5: Kampala – Bwindi :Depart Kampala for Bwindi. Depart from Kampala at 7:00am and head towards western Uganda. A brief stop at the Equator allows time for photographs an refreshments as well .The journey affords images from the vehicle of the long horned Ankole cattle, vegetation, the rolling hills and terraced landscapes of the region, and beautiful panoramas that are part of Kabale District. We have a lunch break en route in Mbarara. Continue to Bwindi Impenetrable park and arrive late evening. Overnight at Gorilla Resort or Buhoma Community bandas.
- Day 6: Trekking Mountain Gorillas: After breakfast and briefing by park ranger guides, depart with picnic lunch boxes to start a 30 minutes – 8 hours trek to find the Mountain gorillas. The tracking starts at the area where the gorillas were the previous day. After a full hour with the gorillas, return to Camp for dinner and overnight.
- Day 7: Queen Elizabeth -Wildlife tour: After breakfast, transfer to Queen Elizabeth National Park. On arrival, undertake a game drive in the park in anticipation of mammals such as Hippos, Buffaloes, Leopard, Spotted Hyena, Lions, primates and the elusive giant forest hog among others. For bird watchers enjoy viewing some of 610 bird species recorded in this park which makes QENP a birder’s haven. Water birds, forest and woodland birds are resident in this park. Dinner and overnight at Mweya Safari Lodge/Institute of Ecology.
- Day 8: Chimpanzee Trekking: Dedicate the morning to chimpanzee trekking in the Kyambura Gorge and the afternoon to a nature walk to the Maramagambo forest for a visit to the bats and pythons cave and the hunters’ cave. Visit the numerous magnificent crater lakes. End up at Katwe salt mines to see how salt is extracted locally. Dinner and overnight at Mweya Safari Lodge/Institute of Ecology.
- Day 9: Wildlife Tour – Queen Elizabeth National Park: After breakfast go for a boat cruise along the Kazinga Channel. The Channel harbors a lot of mammals along its banks including buffaloes, hippos, crocodiles, waterbucks and a variety of water birds. In the afternoon transfer back to Kampala arriving in the evening. Dinner and overnight at Speke Hotel.
- Day 10: Departure :Transfer to the airport to board a flight to Nairobi arranging in good connecting time with your home bound flight.